Search: Look for:   Last 1 Month   Last 6 Months   All time

Ashok Singhal accuses Sonia Gandhi of attempt to destroy Hindu culture

Pune , Thu, 30 Dec 2010 ANI

Pune, Dec 30 (ANI): Lashing out at Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) chief Ashok Singhal has alleged that she was destroying Hinduism and that she was "deputed by the Vatican."


Speaking to reporters here on Wednesday, Singhal said: "She (Sonia Gandhi) wants to destroy Indian religion, culture and traditions. We are opposing this, since we will not let this happen. She realises that our strength is growing, and she is scared of our power. That is why she is opposing us. We are not in any way connected to extremism. Neither the VHP, nor the saints and RSS are involved in any way to militancy."


He questioned Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi's intelligence for his criticism of the RSS and reported remarks that Hindu terror was a bigger threat than LeT.


"He (Rahul Gandhi) has also come out to oppose us. He has said that the RSS is more dangerous to India than the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT). I feel he does not have the knowledge of what LeT is and what the RSS is. He does not know what to speak when and where, nor is he aware of his duties. I cannot understand how such dim-witted people dream of becoming leaders of the country," said Singhal.


"The RSS was an organisation of 'people of character'. The organisation has been gaining a lot of strength. However, some people have been opposing it as they know it would be a challenge to their existence," he added. n the issue of Ram Mandir, he said it was a subject of self-respect for Hindus across the globe.


"Over 85 per cent Muslims want peace. However, the remaining 15 per cent have been dominant and involved in terrorist activities. They purposely attack Hindus," he added.


According to media reports, Rahul Gandhi had told U.S. Ambassador to India, Timothy Roemer in July last year that "the growth of radicalised Hindu groups" may be a "bigger threat" to India than activities of some Islamic terror groups.


The comment, revealed on international whistleblower website WikiLeaks, prompted a wave of protests across the political spectrum when the matter came to light. (ANI)


Read More: Ashok Nagar | Vishwa | Congress

Manohar Lal being presented with a memento
Manoj Tiwari BJP Relief meets the family members of late Ankit Sharma
Haryana CM Manohar Lal congratulate former Deputy PM Lal Krishna Advani on his 92nd birthday
King of Bhutan, the Bhutan Queen and Crown Prince meeting the PM Modi
PM Narendra Modi welcomes the King of Bhutan
Post comments:
Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Your Phone :
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image




Excellent Hair Fall Treatment
Careers | Privacy Policy | Feedback | About Us | Contact Us | | Latest News
Copyright © 2015 NEWS TRACK India All rights reserved.