Tortilla Toasties | Ventuno Home Cooking
When looking for a simple, delicious and healthy snack, sandwiches and toasts are the first items that come to mind. However, too much of anything is never good for one's taste buds. It's only going to lead to them getting bored of the dish. So, we are here with a new dish for you to try out amidst your regular cooking routine.
TORTILLA TOASTIES | Snacks
A flour tortilla is a type of soft, thin flatbread made from finely ground wheat flour from Mexico. The wheat flour tortilla was originally derived from the corn tortilla, a bread of maize which predates the arrival of Europeans to the Americas.
Tortilla - 2 no
Chopped Tomato - 1 no
Chopped Onion - 1 no
Chopped Red Bell pepper - 1/4 no
Cheese - 1 slice
Buy tawa – https://goo.gl/bEjKWx
1. Take a tawa and heat it. Once the tawa is hot, add a tsp. of olive oil to it.
2. Place the tortillas in the tawa and slightly toast them. Flip them around and toast the other side too.
3. Keeping it on a low flame, add all the chopped vegetables (onion, tomato, bell peppers) on a tortilla.
4. Add some basil leaves and finally top it off with grated cheese.
5. Cover the tortilla and vegetables with another tortilla. Press it gently on the corners.
6. Wait for one side to get toasted and then gently and carefully, flip sides.
7. Once toasted, carefully turn off the stove and remove the tortilla toasties from the tawa.
8. Cut them into small triangles and serve them hot.
These tortilla toasties are best served hot. Side it with any ketchup or some chutney for the best experience.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com