Washington, Jan 12(ANI): A new American aircraft carrier strike group has entered the Arabian Sea and another is on its way as a part of a U.S. fleet reshuffle, a Pentagon official said.
Officials however, have denied that the fleet movements have anything to do with threats coming from Iran, The Fox News reports.
The USS Carl Vinson entered the Arabian sea after Iran threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz which is a major oil transportation route and military exercises in the Persian Gulf is also said to have been a factor in pushing the USS Carl Vinson into the waters.
The US Navy had declared on Monday that the USS Carl Vinson would carry out missions in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
"We will work closely with our regional partners to demonstrate our commitment to security and stability in the region," said Rear Admiral Thomas Shannon in a written statement.
Washington had earlier denied playing any role in the killing of Iranian nuclear scientist in Tehran on Wednesday. (ANI)