New Delhi, Sep.9 (ANI): Investigators probing Wednesday's bomb blast outside the Delhi High Court are yet to come out with any specific leads two days after the tragedy that has so far claimed 13 lives and injured over 70 others.
Media reports, print and television, say that the investigations seem to be going nowhere despite six detentions and two e-mails claiming responsibility for the terror attack.
The National investigation Agency, which is spearheading the probe into the blasts, has not made any specific breakthrough into the case.
A 20-year-old man was arrested by Uttar Pradesh Police in Varanasi last night. The Lucknow police claimed that the person matched the sketches released by the Delhi police after the blast.
Even as investigators struggle to find a breakthrough, another terror email, warning of an impending attack, has reportedly surfaced.
Times Now quoted sources, as saying that this third email, which was received by media organisations, was sent from a Yahoo account.
The government has reportedly asked Yahoo for more details.
On Wednesday, an email was sent by Harkat-ul-Jihadi (HuJI). On Thursday, another email - purportedly written by one "Chotoo" - stated that the blast was actually carried out by the Indian Mujahideen.
The sender also warned of another blast outside a shopping mall on Tuesday - forcing security agencies to step up vigilance at all such places not only in Delhi but also in other cities.
Besides writing the text in Hindi using Roman script, the mail, sent by Chotoo, spelt Mujahideen as Muzahiddin. All the earlier emails sent by IM had carried text in 'good' English.
After Delhi police released the sketch of two suspects of Wednesday's blast outside Delhi High Court. Police are working on enhanced sketches of the suspects.
The two are believed to have planted a bomb in a briefcase which exploded at 10.15 am on September 7 morning killing 13 and injuring over 75.
Meanwhile, Lucknow police yesterday quizzed a man in Balrampur district as his face resembled the sketch of one of the suspects in the Delhi High Court blast but he was let off after checking his antecedents.
"Shahzad alias Imran was called at Bela police station after some people reported that his face resembled one of the sketches of suspects issued by the Delhi Police, but he was released later," Special Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
He said that Shahzad worked as a daily labour in Pune and returned to Gonda this morning.
Meanwhile, security outside the Delhi High Court has been tightened with 49 more CCTV cameras and vehicle scanners to be placed at entry points of the court. (ANI)