Oslo, Aug 11 (ANI): The Norwegian terrorist, Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in last month's attacks planned and committed mass killing on his own.
Breivik detonated a bomb outside government buildings in Oslo, killing eight people, this was followed by a massacre at a youth camp outside the capital where he shot dead 69 people.
Earlier it there were speculations that others were involved in the attack, but prosecutor Christian Hatlo said that after 40 hours of questioning police has verified that Breivik acted alone and that he appears to be telling the truth, Mirror.co.uk reports.
Hatlo said police had not discovered 'any direct lie, yet' in what Breivik told them.
"That is also why we, with a certain confidence, can say that he was alone, but I have to emphasise that we have not concluded yet," Hatlo said.
Law enforcement agencies in other countries also assisted Norway in the investigations.
Hatlo said all the information received from abroad also pointed to the 32-year-old having acted alone.
Police, earlier, also said they believed Breivik acted alone, but they searched his computer and mobile phone records for any signs of contact with other right-wing extremists who may have helped or influenced him. (ANI)