NIRF 2021 released by the Ministry of Education lists down the top Medical Colleges in India. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2021 release is very important for the NEET 2022 Aspirants and every student must know about these colleges. Here we are listing all these colleges in the order of its ranking.
NEET 2022 Aspirants should know the top 25 Medical Colleges in India and explore more information about these top MBBS colleges. We are listing down all the top 25 Medical Colleges in India.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct an examination for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2022 on July 17. The common entrance test or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted by the NTA every year for the admissions in the various medical programs in government, state and private colleges.
Here is the list of top 25 medical colleges in country as per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2021 released by the Ministry of Education:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
AIIMS is the topmost Medical Sciences Institute and Hospital in the country. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was established in 1956 by an Act of Parliament as an autonomous institution of national importance and defined its objectives and functions. Due to this act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees and other academic distinctions.
AIIMS is Government Medical college with 107 MBBS seats per year.
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is a postgraduate public medical university in Chandigarh, India. This institute is very important for India and categorized as an 'Institute of National Importance' (INI).
Its ranking is 2 in India as per the ranking by the National Institutional Ranking Framework.
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore
Christian Medical College, Vellore, widely known as CMC, Vellore, is a private medical college in Vellore. This medical college and hospital is run by Christian community. This Institute manages a network of primary, secondary and tertiary care hospitals in and around Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. The ranking of this Institute is 3.
There are 100 seats for the MBBS course.
5. National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore stands as position 5 on the ranking by the National Institutional Ranking Framework.
NIMHANS is a world-renowned Institute for mental health, neurosciences and allied fields with the facility of diagnosis and treatment of mental diseases.
5. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences(SGPGI) is a medical Institute under State Legislature Act, located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. This Institute is 14 km (8.7 mi) south of Hazratganj on Raebareli road and owned by the UP-state government. The SGPGI was established in 1983 and is named after Sanjay Gandhi.
6. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi stands at position 6 in the ranking and offers MBBS courses. On the MBBS seats side, Institute is offering a total of 84 seats in MBBS and there are four separate seats for Foreign National (FN).
7. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore stands at position 7 in the ranking.
8. Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry
JIPMER is an Institute of National Importance and its ranking is 8 among the top Medical Institutes in India. This Institute is also a tertiary care referral hospital.
9. King George`s Medical University, Lucknow
10. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
11. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
12. Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
13. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru
14. Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
15. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
16. Madras Medical College & Government General Hospital, Chennai
17. Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
18. Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
19. DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
20. RM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
21. Siksha `O` Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar
22. Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
23. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
24. JSS Medical College, Mysore
25. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
This year due to covid-19 protocols NTA has increased the testing centres all over the country. According to the admission brochure of NEET 2022, this year the examination will be conducted in 543 cities. This number is almost double the number of cities as compared to the number of cities last year.
This year, the examination fee is also increased by Rs. 100 for Indian nationals and by Rs. 1000 for the foreign candidates. The duration of examinations has also been increased to 20 minutes and thus now the examination will be for 3 hours 20 minutes. Earlier the examination timing was three hours.
The extra 20 minutes could help other students who find 3 hours time less for finishing the examination. Increasing the time will be helpful for many students and due to this the performance of students might increase in the examination.
Another major change is the removal of the upper age limit for these examinations. Now anyone can appear in the national-level medical test.