Bridgetown (Barbados), April 6 (IANS/CMC) The way has been paved for opener Chris Gayle's selection to the West Indies team but uncertainty over his actual return and grave concerns about his role in a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the West Indies Cricket Board, continue to hover ominously over the deal reached.
Chairman of CARICOM's prime ministerial sub-committee on cricket, Antigua and Barbuda's Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer announced Wednesday evening that the year-long impasse between the embattled Jamaican and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) had been resolved.
His announcement follows weeks of negotiations which started in St. Vincent last month between the concerned parties and which were facilitated by St. Vincent prime minister Ralph Gonsalves.
Gayle, however, in a statement dated March 23, said while he had signed the agreement, he remained ineligible for West Indies duty for the duration of the Indian Premier League which winds up May 27.
The former Windies captain currently has a legal case against the WICB which the Board said it wanted discontinued.
Read More: Saint Vincent and Grenadines | Housing Board Colony | District Board Ferozpeur | Distt Board Etawah | Municipal Board Ndtso | Chauraha Municipal Board So | Raj. Edu. Board Ajmer | Rameswaram Housing Board | Anuppanadi Housing Board Colon | Tallakulam Housing Board Colon | Old District Board Buildings | Rubber Board | Alipore Dist Board | District School Board | Jpg Dist. School Board S.o. | Nadia School Board | B.s.e. Board | Jama | Sasaram Local Board | Distt. Board Ndtso | District Board | Chris Gayle