Wheat Halwa - Sankranti Special | Ventuno Home Cooking
Wheat Halwa - Recipe
Ingredients: Samba Wheat/Atta/Whole wheat - 1 cup
soak overnight (8 hours)
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Few Roasted Cashew nuts
1. Soak the whole grain samba wheat for 8 hours or overnight
2. Grind the soaked wheat with little water to fine thin paste
3. Strain the ground wheat and keep the wheat milk aside
4. In a pan add 1 tsp ghee and the wheat milk. Turn on the flame and keep stirring continuously till it thickens
5. Add cardamom powder and 1/2 cup sugar. keep stirring* (*else lumps will form)
6. In another pan, heat 1/2 cup sugar. Let it melt and caramelize.
7. Add the caramelized sugar and mix well.
8. Add 1/2 cup ghee gradually and keep stirring till it stops sticking to the sides. Turn off.
9. Grease with ghee. Spread the halwa & let it cool down. Garnish with roasted cashew nuts.