Rava Dosa | Ventuno Home Cooking
Semolina/Rava/Sooji - 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida - 1 Tbsp
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Thick Butter milk - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Few chopped Coriander leaves
For Onion mixture
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1 nos chopped
Green chili - 1 no. chopped
Few Curry leaves
Asafoetida powder- 1/2 tsp
1. Take a bowl add semolina (rava/sooji), all purpose flour/maida, rice flour and salt. Mix all together.
2. Take a sause pan add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion, ginger, green chili, roughly pounded peppercorns, curry leaves, asafoetida powder and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Once the onion turns brown, turn off the stove. Let the mixture cools down.
4. To the semolina (rava/sooji) flour mix add sauted onion mixture & mix well.
5. Add thick butter milk and enough water to get watery consistency.
6. Add chopped coriander leaves and let it sit for 20 minutes.
7. The batter should watery. Heat tawa, add oil and start pouring the batter from the outside and bring it to the center.
8. Add more oil for more crispness.
9. Crispy rava dosa is ready, serve with sambar & coconut chutney.
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com