Facebook App to protect privacy and curb criminals
Social Privacy Protector (SPP) is the Facebook security app developed by students of Ben-Gurion University (BGU) of the Negev.
Michael Fire, a Ph.D. candidate in BGU's Department of Information Systems Engineering, says, "An important feature of our app is the ability for parents to better protect their kids' privacy with just one click instead of having to navigate the more complicated Facebook privacy settings".
Features of this SPP app:
- It allows parents to adjust the profiles of their kids.
- It prevents criminals from gathering personal information.
- This app can bring multiple levels of protection to people's FB profile.
- SPP notifies the user about the applications installed on their profile that could threaten their privacy.
It also has a special feature that reviews user's friend list to identify those who might be fake profiles.
How does SPP app work:
- This app analyzes and provides a score to every friend according to his or her connectedness.
- Friends having lowest scores are considered suspicious and then the user is asked if that friend should be restricted from his/her personal information.
- Though it does not block a person, it restricts them from using your personal information.
This software is free and is available as a Facebook app for all browsers.
Read More: INDIA - General Information | Right To Information | New Friends Colony | Engineering College | Gb Engineering College | Regional Engineering College . | Tripura Engineering College | R.block | Patna University | Magadh University | Ranchi University | Bnmu University Madhepura | Facebook | Information System Management | Pondicherry University Latest News | Central University of Tibetan Studies | Osmania University Hyderabad | University of Madras | Janata Dal (United) information | Allahabad University
NOT ENOUGH REASONS TO BAN IPL, SAYS N SRINIVASAN
May 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM
"BCCI DOESN___T COMES UNDER RTI, SAYS BCCI BOSS "
May 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
"WILL TAKE ACTION AFTER GETTING REPORT FROM DELHI POLICE: SHUKLA "
May 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM