Demerits of Organic Farming
Though, organic farming has proved to be very useful for the cultivation of healthy and nutritious food keeping in view the environmental concerns too but is not commonly practiced in most part of the world, the major reason behind this is the time factor to get the result. Organic farming is a time taking process, which is a bit slow in showing the result and thus making the process less favorite to the cultivators. The fact cannot be denied that, organic farming can prove quite beneficial for the producers as well as the consumers if deployed in a continuous and proper way but the other fact is there are certain linked disadvantages from the producers as well as consumers point of view that hinders the adaptability of organic farming on a large scale.
- The most common demerits faced by the organic farming are the cost factor of the organic products. The organic products are quite expensive for the common people to afford and hence most of the organic products remain out of reach to the common people whether it is food or cloths.
- The second disadvantage that can be associated with organic farming is its very labor intensive as in case of organic farming extensive observation is required on a regular basis in comparison to the mechanical agriculture.
- It is known that, organic farming is a time taking process and hence, an organic farmer need to be very patient and skilful too.
- Since, the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides are strictly prohibited in organic farming so the farmers have too look out for the weeds, pests and insects even manually on the farm as chemicals cannot be used to encounter them.
- It is very difficult for a traditional farmer to adopt and learn the technology and practices of organic farming and the process of transition can take lots of time. In addition to that, a new organic farmer will require proper guidance from a trained organic farmer time to time.
- No process can be perfect and has its own pros and cons but the fact cannot be denied that organic farming has its own benefits that are far bigger than the related disadvantages of organic farming. Thus, it is very essential to create awareness among the people about the benefits of this process so that it can be adopted on a large scale that can
minimize the present issues linked to organic farming due to bulk production.
Read More: Lake-view-camp So | L.s.farm | Kadiyangad | Mennaniam | Kayanna | Chakkittapara | Thandorapara | Cherukad | Athiyodi | Mattanode | Avadukka | Chempanoda | Chengaroth | Poozhithode | Peruvannamuzhi | Muthukad | Thunayur | Tikkoti | Chingapuram | P.g.reach
7 ROB ATM MACHINE FILLED WITH CASH
June 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
SALWA JUDUM SPO BRUTALLY BEATEN UP BY POLICE OFFICER (NNIS SPECIAL)
June 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
BJP SAYS, IT IS SETTING THE AGENDA FIRST FOR DELHI POLLS
June 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM
MonkeyApril 27, 2012 at 4:23 PM