Spurs' striker Defoe 'devastated' after young cousin dies in freak accident
London, July 27 (ANI): Tottenham Hotspurs striker Jermain Defoe flew back home to UK on Thursday after his young cousin, Hannah Defoe, died after being electrocuted in a hotel pool on the Caribbean island of St Lucia.
England star Defoe, who is in the US on for Spurs' pre-season friendly tour, was 'devastated'.
Hannah's death comes just a month after his dad, Jimmy, died from throat cancer. Defoe also suffered heartache in December when cousin Allan Edgar was killed in a robbery on St Lucia.
Defoe's half-brother Jade also died in a fight in 2009.
On Thursday, Defoe's aunt, Janet, was also being treated in hospital after getting an electric shock as she tried to save her daughter. Hannah's body is said to have been in the pool for an hour.
"He is devastated. All the family are," The Sun quoted Defoe's spokesman, as saying.
St Lucia cops are investigating in the matter. (ANI)
Read More: Saint Lucia | J.j.hospital | Caisua | Canca Bo | Parra So | Sangolda Bo | Sem Saligao Bo | Saligao So | Poroscodem Bo | Varconda | Torxem | Tuem | Tuem I E | Virnora | Parxem Bo | Pernem So | Saipem | Sinquerim So | K.m.hospital | S.d.hospital
CBI official investigating coal scam arrested for taking bribe
May 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
IPL SPOT FIXING: AJIT CHANDILA TRIED TO ROPE IN 2 MORE PLAYERS
May 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I MADE A MISTAKE AND PAID A PRICE FOR IT- RANBIR KAPOOR
May 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM