Guardiola rejects Chelsea's 12 mn pound offer, opens door for Di Matteo
London, May 8 (ANI): Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has rejected a 12 million pounds-a-year offer from Chelsea, which could brighten Roberto Di Matteo's chances of getting the manager's job permanently.
Guardiola had been in talks with Chelsea after publicly announcing that he would be leaving Barcelona at the end of this season.
Guardiola was offered an incredible package by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, which would have made him the highest-paid manager in world football, with virtually unlimited transfer funds, the Daily Express reports.
But remarkably Guardiola, 41, is still adamant that he wants to take a 12-month break from football after four trophy-filled years in the high-pressure job at Barcelona.
He is Abramovich's No1 target and has been ever since Andre Villas-Boas was dismissed in March. Sources close to the Russian billionaire think he is unlikely to be deterred by this latest snub and could even go back with a bigger offer.
However, the latest development increases Di Matteo's chances of getting the job.
Leading Chelsea to the FA Cup at the weekend further boosted Di Matteo's position. The club is still in with a chance of a top-four place in the Premier League and could clinch the Champions League title. (ANI)
Read More: Alinye | Anelih | Anini | Kamlang Nagar | Kherem | Chowkham | Medo | Momong | Wakro | Wingko | Kumsai | Lathao | Manmao | Nampong | Namsai | Nanam | Peyong | Diyun | Daily | K.r.high School
NOT ENOUGH REASONS TO BAN IPL, SAYS N SRINIVASAN
May 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM
"BCCI DOESN___T COMES UNDER RTI, SAYS BCCI BOSS "
May 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
"WILL TAKE ACTION AFTER GETTING REPORT FROM DELHI POLICE: SHUKLA "
May 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM