Lahore, Sep 25 (ANI): After several unsuccessful attempts, Pakistan fast bowler Rana Navedul Hasan finally succeeded in meeting Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ijaz Butt for pleading against the one-year ban imposed on him by the board.
"Today's meeting was good and I hope to get good news soon," the Daily Times quoted Naved, as saying.
"The board chairman has assured me he will look sympathetically at my appeal against the ban. I want to come back and play in the 2011 World Cup. I am very hopeful that the board, like it did with the other players, will accept my apology," he added.
He also said that his county experience could have been useful on the recent England tour, which was marred by controversies and poor performances by Pakistan.
"I have lot of cricket left in me and I am desperate to play for Pakistan. It was disappointing to see Pakistan lose on the England tour where I could have been successful because of my experience in county cricket."
Meanwhile, Naved's appeal, scheduled to be heard on September 25 by a tribunal headed by retired Justice Irfan Qadir, has been adjourned again.
"We will announce a new date on Saturday," said a PCB spokesman.
Naved, one of seven players punished by the PCB after Pakistan's winless tour of Australia earlier this year, was fined two million rupees in addition to his one-year ban.
The other six players have already had their bans revoked and fines lifted or reduced. Two of them- Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Yousuf- have since been recalled to the Pakistan side as well. (ANI)
|
Comments: