Sesame Seed Candy (Ellu Mittai) | Ventuno Home Cooking
Sesame Seed Candy - Recipe
Ingredients: Jaggery - 300 gms
water - 1/4 cup
Sesame Seeds - 400 gms
Ghee - 3 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
1. Dissolve jaggery in 1/2 cup water. Strain and keep aside.
2. Roast the sesame seeds till it start to crackle. Turn off and keep aside.
3. Cook the melted jaggery till it thickens.
4. Add ghee and cardamom powder. Mix well
5. Keep stirring till the jaggery start to sticky consistency.
Note: String Consistency Test - Pour few drops of thick sticky jaggery in water. Take out and pull to test. If the jaggery drops stretch in to thread like elastic consistency, then its ready
6. Add the roasted sesame seeds and mix well. Turn off the stove.
7. Immediately start rolling them in to small balls of candy. *it will harden very fast
Enjoy this with family, friends and loved ones.