Rasam Powder | Ventuno Home Cooking
Toor Dal - 1 Tbsp
Coriander seeds - 3 Tbsp
Peppercorns - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 Tbsp
Dry Red chili - 15 nos
Oil - 1 tsp
Few Curry leaves
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida powder/Hing - 1 tsp
1. Dry roast the following ingredients Toor Dal, Coriander Seeds, Peppercorns, Cumin seeds, Dry Red Chili.
2. Keep the flame on medium & dry roast till they turn light brown.
3. Turn off the stove. Keep the mixture aside and let it cool down.
4. In the same pan, add oil and roast the few curry leaves.
5. Once the curry leaves are crisp, turn off the flame and add it to the mixture. Let it cool dowm.
6. To the mixer jar add the dry roasted ingredients, Turmeric powder, Asafoetida powder(Hing) & grind to a fine powder.
7. Make sure the container is dry before you transfer the powder to it.
8. Fresh home-made rasam powder is now ready. Store in a air-tight container and use it when making rasam.
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com