Puffed Rice Balls - Pori Urundai | Ventuno Home Cooking
Puffed Rice Balls - Recipe
Ingredients: Puffed Rice - 100 gms
Jaggery - 250 gms
Water - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 3 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
1. Dissolve jaggery in 1/2 cup water. Strain & keep aside.
2. Slightly roast the puffed rice and keep aside.
3. Cook the melted jaggery till it thickens.
4. Add ghee and cardamom powder. Mix well
5. Keep stirring till the jaggery start to become sticky in consistency.
Note: String Consistency Test - Pour few drops of thick sticky jaggery in water. Take out and pull to test. If the jaggery drops stretch in to thread like elastic consistency, then its ready
6. Add the roasted puffed rice and mix it even
7. Quickly roll them in to balls. *it will harden very fast
Done! Enjoy this with family, friends and loved ones!!