Pineapple upside down cake | Ventuno Home Cooking
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Canned Pineapple Pieces
Unsalted butter - 60 gms
Brown Sugar - 100 gms
For Cake Batter
Brown Sugar - 150 gms
White Sugar - 50 gms
Butter (softened unsalted) - 115 gms
Egg - 1 no
Yogurt - 60 gms
Milk - 120 ml
Maida / All purpose flour - 210 gms
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Pineapple Syrup (from the can) - 60 ml
1. Blend Brown sugar, White sugar, unsalted Butter, Egg, Yogurt & Milk. Your wet ingredient is ready
2. Mix dry ingredients: maida/All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Blend the wet & dry ingredients. Add Pineapple syrup and vanilla essence while blending.
4. Melt butter in the cake tin and grease evenly
5. Place the pineapple pieces and cherries in order of your liking at the bottom. *This will be the top finally
6. Pour the blended cake batter. Gently spread it even.
7. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes and bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour
8. Let it cool completely.
9. Once cooled, flip upside down on to a plate / tray & remove the cake tin. Done!!!