Nepali Onion Pakora
Nepali onion pakora is a very tasty snack and also it’s easy to cook. There are varieties of pakora’s available in India, but the most common and most favorite of all the vegetarian people is onion pakora. Pakora’s are usually served as snacks which are available in whole India but on the south side, people also call it as bhaji.
There are numerous Indian snacks recipes that can be prepared using onions and one such classic appetizing tea time snack or a rainy day treat is Nepali Onion Pakora. It is easy to be made. We will show you a step-by-step process to make it.
Onion - 4 nos thinly sliced
Green chili - 3 nos finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
Chili powder - 2 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
Salt to taste
Besan/Gram flour - 1 1/2 cups
Oil for deep frying
1. Empty the thinly sliced onions into a huge mixing bowl.
2. Now, add finely chopped green chilies, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, and besan (gram flour). Make sure the besan coats the onions well.
3. Mix all the ingredients together using your hands.
4. Add a little water, just enough so you have a binding consistency.
1. Take a huge pan and pour enough oil into it.
2. Heat the oil until bubbles start to form.
3. Now, take a little mixture at a time and gently drop it into the oil.
4. Deep fry it until it is a crisp golden brown color.
5. Now, carefully remove the pakora’s from the pan, draining all the oil.
1. Use a few sheets of newspaper and cover the pakora’s completely in it from top and bottom. Now, dab gently to remove the excess oil.
Pakora’s are best served as a snack item during tea time. Serve hot and with ketchup or some chutney for the best taste.
Visit our website – http://www.21frames.in/homecooking
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to us on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production – http://www.ventunotech.com