Keema Biryani | Ventuno Home Cooking
Ghee - 1 Tbsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Onion - 1 no. chopped
Green chili - 1 no. chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Tomato - 2 nos chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Minced meat - 500 gms
Yogurt/Curd - 1/2 cup
Few Mint leaves
Few Coriander leaves
Saffron in Milk
Dough to seal
For Fried Onions
Oil - 1/4 cup
Onion - 4 nos thinly sliced
For Cooking Rice
Basmati Rice - 500 gms (soaked for 30 mins)
Salt - 2 tsp
Bay leaf - 2 nos
Green Cardamom - 3 nos
Black Cardamom - 2 nos
Piece of Mace/Javitri
Star Anise - 1 nos
Piece of Cinnamon
Oil - 1 tsp
1. Take a wide pan add oil and onion, fry till the onion becomes brown. Keep it aside.
2. Boil water and add soaked basmati rice, salt, bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, mace/javitri, star anise, cinnamon, clove, and oil. Cook the rice till its 3/4th done.
3. Strain the excess water from the rice and keep it aside.
4. To the pot add ghee, oil, onion, green chili and saute it.
5. Once the onion is transparent add ginger garlic paste. Saute till brown.
5. Add tomato, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt and minced meat. Mix well & cook for 15 minutes.
6. Add yogurt/curd and mix well. Close & cook for another 15 minutes.
7. Check for seasoning. Keep the flame on low, spread the meat evenly.
8. Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onion and then add cooked rice.
9. Re-peat mint leaves & coriander leaves. Add saffron in milk & fried onions.
10. Now close the lid and seal it with dough around the lid. Keep it in dum for 10 minutes.
11. Turn off the stove & keep in dum for another 5 mins
12. Break-open the seal & drizzle with Ghee. Gently mix it.
13. Absolutely delicious Keema Biryani is ready to taste. Serve with Hyderabadi Bagara Baingan or raita.