Jeera Rice | Ventuno Home Cooking
Piece of Cinnamon
Cardamom - 2 nos
Bay leaf - 2 nos
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Green Chillies- 2 nos
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Water - 2 cups
1. Soak 1 cup of Basmati Rice for 30 minutes.
2. Heat ghee in the pan.
3. Add Cinnamon, cloves, cardamon pods and bay leaves to add flavour.
4. Add Jeera/ Cumin seeds.
5. Add sliced green chillies
6. Now add soaked basmati rice to the pan.
7. Mix for a minute and add salt to taste.
8. Add 2 cups of water and mix.
9. Close the lid and cook well.
10. Jeera rice is ready to be served with Dal Tadka or any side dish.