Dhaba Style Chana Masala | Ventuno Home Cooking
Dhaba Style Chana Masala
Chickpea - 100ml (Soaked)
Cooking soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Cinnamon - 1 no.
Black Cardamom - 2 nos
Clove - 4 to 5 nos
Tea powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Grated Onion - 2 nos
Pounded Ginger - 1 tsp
Grated Tomato - 2 nos
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Dry Ginger powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Yogurt/Curd - 3/4 cup
Few chopped Coriander leaves
Green chili - 3 to 4 nos slited
1. Take a muslin cloth, add cinnamon, black cardamom, cloves, tea and tie it up.
2. Take a pressure cooker add chickpea, water ( water should cover the chickpea ), cooking soda, salt, put the tied muslin cloth and pressure cook it for 4 to 5 whistles.
3. Take a wide sause pan, add ghee, grated onion, pounded ginger saute well.
4. Once the raw smell goes off, add grated tomato, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, dry ginger powder and salt. Saute it well.
5. Add yogurt/curd, coriander leaves and close it for few minutes.
6. Add the cooked chickpea (remove the muslin cloth) to the masala.
7. Check for seasoning.
8. Garnish it with slitted green chillies, ginger julienne and coriander leaves. Close it for few minutes.
Chana masala is ready!
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/homecookingshow/
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com