Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk - South Indian Style | Ventuno Home Cooking
South Indian Style - Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk - Recipe
Ingredients: For Marination
Chicken - 1 kg
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 2 tsp
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Shallots - 15 nos chopped
Onion - 1 no chopped
Green chili - 1 no
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Tomatoes - 3 nos
Few Curry Leaves
Coconut Milk - 750 ml
Few Coriander leaves
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Let it sit 30 minutes.
2. In a pressure cooker add little water & the marinated chicken pieces. Pressure cook for 2 whistles
3. In a kadai heat oil. Add garam masala powder, shallots, onion and green chili. Saute till brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes & salt. Mix well
5. Add the cooked chicken pieces with water. Add few curry leaves. Close & cook for 5 minutes
6. Now add coconut milk & mix. Once it starts to boil, close & cook for 10 minutes
7. Finally add curry leaves & coriander leaves. Turn off the stove.
Serve with Rice, Dosas, Chapati, Idiappam, Appam etc