Appam | Breakfast Recipe
Raw Rice - 1 cup
Beaten/Flattened Rice - 1/2 cup
Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 shell
Pinch of Baking / Cooking soda (optional)
1. Soak 1 cup of Raw Rice for 4 hours.
2. Soak 1/2 cup of Beaten/Flattened Rice for 30 minutes.
3. Grind the fresh grated Coconut to a paste by adding little water. Keep the Coconut paste aside.
4. To mixer jar add soaked Raw Rice, soaked Beaten/Flattened Rice, Salt & Water. Grind to smooth flowing batter.
5. The batter has to Ferment for 12 hours in room temperature.
6. To the Fermented batter add 2 tsp of ground Coconut paste. You can add pinch of Baking / Cooking soda (optional).
7. Mix gently & leave for 10 minutes.
8. Pour the batter to Appam tawa & Swirl around so it stick to sides. Close & cook it.
9. When the edges are crispy. The center part is bulged & cooked through. Remove it appam cooks only on one side.
10. Best had with coconut milk, chicken curry, mutton curry, Veg - korma etc...
A Ventuno Production: https://www.ventunotech.com