Alasanda Vada (Blackeyed Beans Vada)
Blackeyed Beans - 1 cup (250 ml)
(soaked for 6 hours)
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Few Curry Leaves
Green Chilis - 2 nos (chopped)
Ginger - Small piece (chopped)
Onions - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Few Fresh Coriander Leaves
Oil - for Deep frying
1. Soak the blackeyed beans for 6 hours in water
2. Grind the beans to coarse mixture without adding water
3. To that add turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilis, ginger, onions & coriander leaves.
4. Mix well and check for seasoning.
5. Make small patties out of the mixture and deepfry till its golden brown
6. Remove, strain and serve!