FRESH SNOWFALL DELIGHTS TOURISTS IN INDIA'S NORTHERN STATE
NATURAL WITH HINDI AND ENGLISH SPEECH
TV AND WEB RESTRICTIONS: NO ACCESS BBC
Fresh snowfall delights tourists in northern India.
Fresh snowfall delights tourists and locals in India's northern state of Himachal Pradesh.
MANALI, HIMACHAL PRADESH, INDIA (JANUARY 30, 2011) (ANI-NO ACCESS BBC)
1. HILLS AND HOUSES COVERED WITH SNOW
2. SNOW ACCUMULATED ON ROOFS OF HOUSES
3. A SIGN BOARD READING 'HIGHLAND PARK'
4. A FOOTHILL COVERED WITH SNOW
5. PEOPLE WALKING ON SNOW
6. TOURISTS WAVING
7.WOMEN WATCHING SNOWFALL
8. PEOPLE HOLDING UMBRELLAS
9. (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi/English) TANVI, TOURIST, SAYING: "We are delighted to come here, it is a very beautiful place. Since we are here with family and friends so we are enjoying even more and luckily it is snowing also so we are enjoying a lot."
10. TOURISTS WALKING ON SNOW
11. A TOURIST SKIING
12. TOURISTS CLICKING PICTURES
13. TOURISTS SKIING
14. (SOUNDBITE) (Hindi) SAHIL CHAUHAN, TOURIST, SAYING: "It is feeling as if we have come to heaven after coming to Manali, it is snowing here and there are a lot of tourists as well. We are enjoying a lot and locals are also giving us lot of love hence I feel like staying back here."
15. SNOW ACCUMULATED ON BRANCHES OF A PLANT
17. TOURISTS WALKING ON SNOW
STORY: Fresh snowfall covered the hill town of Manali in India's northern state of Himachal Pradesh on Sunday (January 30).
The lower regions of the state experienced rainfall as the higher regions witnessed mild snowfall.
The fresh spell of snowfall delighted tourists who are visiting the town for vacations.
"We are delighted to come here, it is a very beautiful place. Since we are here with family and friends so we are enjoying even more and luckily it is snowing also so we are enjoying a lot," said Tanvi, a tourist from nearby Chandigarh city.
Tourists could be seen enjoying the snowfall as they took to skiing and other snow sports organised by local operators.
"It is feeling as if we have come to heaven after coming to Manali, it is snowing here and there are a lot of tourists as well. We are enjoying a lot and locals are also giving us lot of love hence I feel like staying back here," said Sahil Chauhan, a tourist from New Delhi.
The neighbouring area of Solang Nala experienced six inches of snowfall. Temperature plummeted after a slightly dry spell.
For many, the state is a holiday paradise especially during winters as large number of tourists flock to Manali and capital Shimla to witness snowfall.
Read More: MUMBAI:: GATE WAY OF INDIA | INDIA - General Information | ANDHRA PRADESH | ARUNACHAL PRADESH | GOLDEN INDIA PARTY | MADHYA PRADESH | UTTAR PRADESH | RESERVE BANK OF INDIA | CORBETT NATIONAL PARK | STUDENTS ISLAMIC MOVEMENT OF INDIA | SUPREME COURT OF INDIA | ALL INDIA ANNA DRAVIDA MUNNETRA KAZHGAM | INDIA | Manali | Delhi | Himachal Pradesh | Manali So | Purani Manali Bo | Nala Ghoria | Manali New Town | Manali Bo | Sahi | English
SHIKARA TREK BEGINS IN J&K AFTER 30 YEARS (NNIS Exclusive)
May 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM
CONG LEADER KILLED, PARTY CHIEF ABDUCTED IN NAXAL ATTACK IN CG
May 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM
SWAMY TO NNIS : CALL FOR BCCI CHIEF'S RESIGNATION IS ORCHESTRATED
May 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM