Sonia Gandhi ranks 6th in Forbes list of World's Most Powerful Women
Sonia Gandhi, President of National Congress Party has been ranked as 6th most powerful women of the World.
Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany has topped the list for the second consecutive year. She has played an influential role in European countries fighting economic crisis.
While Hilary Clinton, Secretary of State, US is second on the list; Michelle Obama who is the First Lady is just behind Sonia on the 7th spot.
Five Indian women including Sonia have made it to the list of top 100 most powerful women of the World. They are:
- PepsiCo Chairman and CEO, Indra Nooyi (12th)
- Cisco Systems Chief Technology and Strategy Officer Padamsree Warrior (58th)
- ICICI Bank Managing Director and CEO, Chanda Kochhar (59th)
- Biocon Founder, Kiarn Mazumdar Shaw (80th)
Queen Elizabeth II of Britain was the oldest on the list at the age of 86 and was ranked 26th while Lady Gaga was the youngest at the age of 26 and was ranked 14th.
The list of 100 comes from 28 countries this time.
Top 10 World's Most Powerful Women
- Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
- Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, United States
- Dilma Rousseff, Brazilian President
- Melinda Gates, Co-Chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Jill Abramson, Executive Editor, New York Times Co
- Sonia Gandhi, President, National Congress Party in India
- Michelle Obama, First Lady, United States
- Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
- Janet Napolitano, Secretary, Department of Homeland Security, United States
- Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
Forbes carries out survey every year to rank World's most powerful Women that include policymakers, businesswomen and celebrities. They are ranked according to their influence, wealth and media presence.
Read More: Sonia Gandhi
Market Movers Evening of 24 May 2013
May 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM
SHUKLA, JAITLEY ADVOCATES FOR STRONG LAW AGAINST FIXING
May 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
MODI HITS OUT AT UPA; SAYS INDIA IS FACING POLITICAL PARALYSIS
May 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM