Comedian Stewart Francis' Becks and Posh joke named funniest
London, Aug 21 (ANI): Comedian Stewart Francis has won an award for the funniest joke of the Edinburgh Fringe by poking fun at the Beckhams.
The deadpan Canadian funnyman was given the prize by digital TV channel Dave, whose panel put a selection of their favourites to a public vote, the BBC reported.
He won for the joke: "You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks."
The British King of the one-liner, Tim Vine, took the runner-up spot for the second year in a row.
Vine, who won the award two years ago, appears twice in the list of 10 jokes compiled by the TV channel, so does Francis.
The top jokes were:
1. Stewart Francis - "You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks."
2. Tim Vine - "Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly."
3. Will Marsh - "I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister."
4. Rob Beckett - "You know you're working class when your TV is bigger than your book case."
5. Chris Turner - "I'm good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet... I don't know why."
6. Tim Vine - "I took part in the sun tanning Olympics - I just got Bronze."
7. George Ryegold - "Pornography is often frowned upon, but that's only because I'm concentrating."
8. Stewart Francis - "I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting!"
9. Lou Sanders - "I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: 'It's not rocket salad."
10. Nish Kumar - "My mum's so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism... she wouldn't fancy her chances."
The winning joke was taken from Stewart Francis's current Edinburgh show, Return of the Lumberjacks.
The panel was made up of comedy critics such as Dominic Maxwell of The Times, Mark Monahan of the Daily Telegraph and Bruce Dessau of the Evening Standard.
They shortlisted 30 jokes which were then put to a public vote. (ANI)
Read More: Kumar Mangalam Birla | Kishore Kumar | Kumar Sanu | Kheri Kumar | Kumar | George Town | Turner Road | Dessau | Kumar Nagar | Kumar Chincholli | Fort St George | Kumar Shanda | Kumar Gaon | Kumar Daga | Kumar Bajitpur | Chris Gayle | Sushil Kumar Shinde | Meira Kumar | Akshay Kumar | Mark Zuckerberg
MONEY SPINNING IPL SHOULD BE BANNED - PASWAN
May 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM
CBI SUPERINTENDENT SENT TO THREE DAY POLICE REMAND
May 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
SIDDARAMAIAH EXPANDS CABINET, ENSURES NO WATER CRISIS
May 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM