Meet the Brit boy who eats electric wires and phone chargers
London, August 3 (ANI): A little UK from Preston has a potentially deadly craving - to eat electrical wires.
The five-year-old left his mother Kate horrified when she caught him munching through a game's console lead and a plugged-in phone charger.
Luckily both were switched off, but the 25-year-old mum is considering making Joseph Hughes wear rubber-soled shoes to protect him from the danger of electrocution, the Daily Mail reported.
"The first time I saw Joseph chewing on an electrical wire I was terrified. Me and his dad spoke to him about how dangerous it could be, but he has strong cravings and it happened again," Kate said.
Now the worried parents have hidden all the electrical appliances in their home to protect their son, who has been diagnosed with PICA - a condition in which sufferers crave non-nutritive substances. (ANI)
Read More: Mail | Kate Bhogaon | Mount St Joseph | Shyambazar Mail Delivery Po | Mail Bazar | Sakla Bazar | Chaugain | Bichhiaon | Belaur | Sakhuan | Sarathua | Kasap | Jamuaon Dihari | Khopira | Bachari | Daily | Brit Bhagwanpr | Mathia Brit | Parsauni Brit B.o. | Madhuhawa Brit
4TH C V RAMAN INT'L FELLOWSHIP LAUNCHED FOR RESEARCH
May 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
WE WILL BRING A NEW LAW TO REGULATE FIXING : JITENDRA SINGH
May 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
COURT ALLOWS FIVE DAY POLICE CUSTODY FOR THE IPL FIXERS
May 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM