'Pink City' Jaipur to have Metro Train soon: Gehlot
New Delhi, July 17 (ANI): Jaipur will soon have a metro train service, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot revealed.
The Jaipur Metro is to be completed in two phases. Of this, 55 percent work of the first phase has been completed and the engineers are working day and night to complete the remaining 45 percent.
Under First Phase-IA, the metro train would run between Mansarovar and Chandpole, covering a distance of 9.718 km.
Under the First Phase-IB, it is proposed that metro train would be run from Chandpole to Bari Chaupar, a distance of 2.349 km.
The total expenditure would be about Rs.3, 149 crores. There will be three underground and eight elevated stations in the first phase.
In the second phase, the metro train would be run from Sitapura to Ambabari and will incur a cost of Rs.6,581 crore.
It would cover a distance of 23.099 km and include five underground and 15 elevated stations.
The Rajasthan Government had given the work of the first phase of Jaipur Metro to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on deposit work basis on August 5, 2010.
Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation would do the operation and maintenance of first phase. DMRC has already given the order for the supply of rolling stock (rail wagons) to BEML. If the supply of rolling stock is not done on time, then also, the DMRC is committed to operate the Metro train on time in the first phase by sending it's own rolling stock.
The DMRC has also given the work order to the concerned company for signaling and telecom supply.
The Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation has also sent the service rules and recruitment procedure to the Finance Department for approval.
The process of establishing a "dedicated metro fund" is underway in order to make the project self- reliant economically.
The state government would acquire 50-hectares of land for the project.
The state government has transferred 23.69 hectares of land and the remaining 26.31 hectares of land would soon be identified and transferred.
For capital share of the Government of India and subordinate loan in the first phase, the Urban Development Ministry, on the proposal of the State Government, has sent it's approval to the Planning Commission on May, 2012.
As soon as approval in principle is received from the Planning Commission, the meeting of PRE-P.I.B. would be organized for further action on the proposal.
The work on the second phase of the project is proposed on a public-private-partnership model.
For this R.F.Q. has been issued and it's post facto approval from the Government of India is under process.
Over Rs.612.95 crores have been received as financial share from the state government and the agencies for the project.
Of this amount, the state government has given the share of Rs.486.04 crores, the Jaipur Development Authority Rs.63.75 crores and RIICO Rs.63.16 crores. (ANI)
Read More: Jaipur | Rail Bhawan | Khyala Phase - I | Khyala Phase - Ii | Okhla Industrial Area Phase-i | Dakshinpuri Phase-i | Dakshinpuri Phase-ii | Dakshinpuri Phase-iii | East Of Kailash Phase-i | Rail Vihar | Rail Coach Factory Dso | Rail | Rajkot Municipal Corporation C | Ambabari | Rail Nilayam | Jaipur So | Jp Nagar Iii Phase | Kasba Jaipur | Nawa Jaipur | Indian Rail
WANTED LeT MILITANT KILLED IN SRINAGAR
May 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM
RANBIR UNDERWENT CHEST SURGERY, SUFFERS BACKACHE
May 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM
PAVITRA RISHTA'S ARCHANA MIGHT COME OUT OF COMA
May 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM