Brief profile of UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Here is a brief profile of Pranab Mukherjee, the United Progressive Alliance's presidential candidate for the poll to be held July 19.
Name: Pranab Mukherjee
Father's Name: Late Kamada Kinkar Mukherjee
Mother's Name: Late Rajlakshmi Mukherjee
Date of Birth: Dec 11, 1935
Place of Birth: Mirati, Kirnahar, District Birbhum, West Bengal
Marital Status: Married on July 13, 1957
Spouse: Suvra Mukherjee
Children: Two sons and a daughter
Educational Qualifications: M.A. (History), M.A. (Political Science), L.L.B, D. Ltt.(Honoris Causa)
Educated at: Vidyasagar College, Suri Calcutta University, West Bengal
Profession: Teacher, Journalist and Author
Positions Held: * Deputy Central Minister, Industrial Development from February 1973 to January 1974.
* Deputy Central Minister, Shipping and Transport from January 1974 to October 1974.
* Minister of State for Finance from October 1974 to December 1975.
* Minister of Revenue and Banking (Independent Charge) from December 1975 to March 1977.
* Cabinet Minister of Commerce and Steel and Mines from January 1980 to January 1982.
* Cabinet Minister of Finance from January 1982 to December 1984.
* Additional charge of Ministry of Commerce and Supply from September to December 1984.
* Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission from June 1991 to May 1996.
* Cabinet Minister of Commerce from January 1993 to February 1995.
* Cabinet Minister of External Affairs from February 1995 to May 1996.
* Cabinet Minister of Defence from May 2004 to October 2006
* Cabinet Minister of External Affairs from October 2006 to May 2009
* Cabinet Minister of Finance from January 2009 to present.
In Parliament: * Elected to Rajya Sabha July, 1969.
* Re-elected to Rajya Sabha 1975, 1981, 1993 and 1999.
* Elected to 14th Lok Sabha in 2004 and Reelected to 15th Lok Sabha in 2009.
* Leader of the Lok Sabha since 2004.
Read More: Birbhum | Deputy Ganj Bulandshahr | A P Sabha Po | Sabha Lilwahi | M.p. Vidhan Sabha | Vidhan Sabha | Andhra Mahila Sabha | Hindi Prachar Sabha So | Defence Service Staff College | Ernakulam Hindi Prachar Sabha | R.n. Mukherjee Road | Vaishya Sabha Po | Durgapur Steel Town West | Vidyasagar University So | North Bengal University So | Central Revenue Building | Jharkhand Vidhan Sabha | Late | Late Rahiya | Pranab Mukherjee | Education
7 ROB ATM MACHINE FILLED WITH CASH
June 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
SALWA JUDUM SPO BRUTALLY BEATEN UP BY POLICE OFFICER (NNIS SPECIAL)
June 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
BJP SAYS, IT IS SETTING THE AGENDA FIRST FOR DELHI POLLS
June 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM