Factfile on Myanmar
Factfile on Myanmar, where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Sunday began a three-day visit - the first by an Indian prime minister in 25 years.
* President - Thein Sein, a former general
* Government - Nominally civilian government installed in March 2011
* Population - Over 54 million
* Area - 676,578 square km
* Shares borders with - India (1,643 km with Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram), Bangladesh, China, Laos and Thailand
* History - Became independent in 1948, saw 50 years of military rule.
* Economy - Resource-rich country, especially in oil and gas, mining and timber.
* GDP (Purchasing Power Parity) - $82.72 billion
Read More: Myanmar | Laos | Anand Parbat Indl. Area | Delhi Industrial Area | L. M. Nagar Indl. Area | Okhla Industrial Area Phase-i | Factory Area Faridabad | Industrial Area Faridabad | Industrial Area Dharuhera | Industrial Area Sonipat | Kanral Industrial Area | Ind Area Phillaur | Factory Area Chohal | New Ind Area | Ind Area Chandigarh | Thein | Industrial Area Aligarh | Jagdishpur Industrial Area | Bhiwari Ind. Area. Alwar | Banswara Ind. Area
4TH C V RAMAN INT'L FELLOWSHIP LAUNCHED FOR RESEARCH
May 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
WE WILL BRING A NEW LAW TO REGULATE FIXING : JITENDRA SINGH
May 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
COURT ALLOWS FIVE DAY POLICE CUSTODY FOR THE IPL FIXERS
May 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM